Everyone takes the first step to better health for a reason, do you remember what it was? Being mentally prepared and ready to take action is a big step in the right direction to be successful on this journey. If you’re feeling like there’s a mental road block ahead then check out some of these tips to get you through and keep you moving forward towards your goals:
- Make small goals, not only for weight loss, but also for increasing difficulty on the tables and cardio.
- Reward yourself! Having something to look forward to makes the journey all the more enjoyable, never discredit how far you’ve come and the changes you’ve made!
- Share your journey! We’re our own worst critics, let someone close to you know about your successes, it helps put it into perspective and appreciate what you’ve done!
- Buddy up! Having someone to join you along the way helps to keep you motivated through even your toughest days. Pick a friend who has similar qualities to yourself, you can exchange handy tips for healthy meals as well as push each other to keep up the exercise and consistency!
- Be kind to yourself! It’s progress NOT perfection! One bad meal isn’t going to ruin your whole week, it’s only 1 out of 21, just keep moving forward and get right back to where you left off!
- Stay positive and enjoy the journey, don’t ask so much of yourself or your body. There’s a lot to learn along the way to getting the weight off and keeping it off for good. Some weeks are better than others, just concentrate on always moving forward and how many changes for the better you’ve made along the way!