We all love to relax on the weekends, but too often we become too lax. Use the weekend to plan for your weekly goals instead of sabotaging everything you accomplished the previous week. Treat the weekend like any other day when it comes to staying on plan — you can still relax, sleep in, and enjoy your time with friends, as long as you continue to focus on the following statements.
- Recent studies indicate that we tend to take in more calories on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays – up to 115 extra calories each day. While that may not seem like much, it adds up quickly. Remember, one pound is 3500 calories, so those 345 calories each weekend will lead to nearly a pound after only 10 weeks – that’s an extra 5 pounds a year!
Develop a weekend plan that will help you stay on track. Here are some tips to make your weekend successful:
- Stay active
- Eat like it’s a weekday
- Stick to your normal sleep schedule
- Keep up on your water
- Prepare for the upcoming week
- Limit your drinks
- Plan for relaxation and destressing
- Ditch the on-again, off-again diet mentality
- Weigh in on Monday morning
- Eat within an hour of waking up